The Wyoming Taxpayers Association represents our members at the State Capitol before Wyoming’s elected and appointed officials. We proactively advocate for sound tax policy and legislation, helping create a healthy Wyoming economy.
The Association does not have a political action committee, nor does it endorse candidates for elected offices. We provide objective, straightforward analysis and commentary on tax and fiscal issues regardless of the source of the inquiry.
We are hard at work for our members by offering the following services:
- Tracking and summarizing bills during the legislative process
- Drafting talking points in support of or in opposition to bills as measured against the Cornerstones of Taxation and exemption criteria
- Sending weekly summaries of committee actions and bill status
- Providing analysis of the biennial budget and revenue forecast
- Notification of significant budget amendments
- Hosting weekly WTA Policy meetings during legislative sessions
- Engaging legislators with our Toast & Taxes breakfasts to discuss current bills and topics
WTA Members: In order to have a consistent and transparent process, we ask you submit requests for formal positions utilizing forms below. Please submit requests during the Legislative Session to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to each weekly Policy Meeting.
Previous Legislative Sessions
WTA has tracked the progress of bills for more than 50 years and we are involved at every level of the legislative process. WTA weekly member meetings will take place on Mondays at 2pm at 2120 Carey Ave. 4th Floor to allow members to discuss legislative policy issues, summaries of bills and make recommendations for WTA policy direction. Check here for weekly updates and bill tracking information.
WTA has tracked the progress of every bill in every session for over 50 years and we are involved at every level of the legislative process. Members have access to weekly meetings throughout the legislative session and receive electronic updates on pertinent issues as well as bill status.
Show your support for WTA!
It is only with your support, through membership, that we are able to influence state and local tax policy.